SUDAFED® Active Ingredients
Every product in the SUDAFED® range contains some form of nasal decongestant for easier breathing through your nose. If you’re using a SUDAFED® product, you can enjoy the advantages of one of three active ingredients: Pseudoephedrine, Phenylephrine or Xylometazoline.
These active ingredients are designed to tackle congestion. They get to work on swollen nasal passages, helping to shrink the puffed up blood vessels that cause that stuffy feeling. As the blood vessels start to narrow and return to their original state, the surrounding tissue shrinks and the normal flow of air and mucus is resumed.
Our range of key active ingredients in SUDAFED® products, with each one contributing to your recovery:
- Pseudoephedrine – a decongestant which narrows blood vessels to reduce swelling and congestion, helping to ease blocked noses.
- Phenylephrine – a decongestant which can help clear up stuffy noses by decreasing swelling in the nasal passages, making it easier to breathe through your nose.
- Xylometazoline – a decongestant, used to help clear blocked nose and sinuses caused by having a cold or flu. It works by contracting swollen blood vessels, reducing the feeling of stuffiness and congestion.
The ingredients that complement our actives:
- Guaifenesin – this ingredient helps loosen mucus, making it easier to cough up
- Ibuprofen – an anti-inflammatory and painkiller helps relieve headaches and reduce any inflammation which could be contributing towards pain.
- Paracetamol – a pain reliever which can be used to relieve mild to moderate pain, headaches and fevers which often accompany the common cold.
- Caffeine – a stimulant, meaning it can help you feel more alert, as well as combatting the tiredness associated with colds.