Tips & Advice
From useful tips to advice on how to prevent illness, we have a range of suggestions to get you back to your usual self.
GET BACK TO YOUR USUAL SELF
- Steam inhalation is an easy way to help shift mucus and congestion. Add a drop or two of your favourite scented oil and breathe deeply.
- Gargling with salt water can sometimes help to relieve the symptoms of a sore throat and nasal congestion.
- Eat spicy peppers! Capsaicin (the naturally hot and spicy compound found in hot peppers) can help thin mucus in your chest.
- Sip on green tea. It contains antioxidants which can help to maintain good health.
- Indulge in strawberries, oranges and broccoli. Not only are they low in calories, they also contain Vitamin C which is thought to support your immune system.
- Some evidence shows that chicken soup may help with cold and flu symptoms. What a delicious way to fight a cold!
TIPS ON PREVENTING ILLNESS
- Wash your hands regularly and properly, particularly after touching your nose or mouth and before handling food.
- Always sneeze and cough into tissues as this will help prevent the virus-containing droplets from your nose and mouth entering the air where they can infect others. Throw away used tissues immediately and wash your hands.
- Wipe commonly handled objects such as mobiles and credit cards.
- Clean surfaces regularly to keep them free of germs.
- Use your own cup, plates, cutlery and kitchen utensils.
- Use disposable paper towels to dry your hands and face, rather than shared towels. As with tissues, always dispose of the paper towels after you have finished using them.